Friday, August 9, 2013

My Trip to Wonderland

                                
My trip to Canada’s Wonderland with CultureLink was amazing and fun. I got the chance to meet new friends from different cultures.

"I got the chance to meet new friends from different cultures" ~Tenzin
We went to Wonderland by GO bus and I was little bit tired because I was late going to meet up with the group, so I had to go without eating my breakfast. When we got there, I saw many rides such as the Behemoth, Leviathan, Drop Tower etc... I have never seen such a place in my home country, India.

"We headed right for Leviathan" ~Tenzin
When we reached Wonderland, we headed right for the Leviathan because everybody wanted to go on this big ride. I thought it wouldn’t be scary enough to scare me. However, when we were going up the slope, I realized that we were so very high off the ground! I got this feeling that I was scared! After that ride, my whole body was shaking! I got the feeling of falling off from this great height!

I got over the scared feeling shortly. After that first ride, I went 6 other different rides, for instance the Drop Tower, Waterpark, Behemoth, Wild Beast, Vortex, Time Warp, etc…


The Leviathan


I was a little disappointed about the food in Wonderland because the management did not allow visitors to bring your own food. So, we had to spend $30 on pizza. It was just too expensive!

After this trip, I learned a lesson -- never be too scared to do something in your life; stay confident and honest!


"I want to thank Kids Up Front... for giving me and other newcomer youths a chance to visit Canada's Wonderland." ~Tenzin
Lastly, I want to thank Kids Up Front on behalf of CultureLink for giving me and other newcomer youths a chance to visit Canada’s Wonderland. I got to explore so many new things and experience the excitement of the giant amusement park!

Written by: Tenzin Dhuedul
Edited by: Lynda Young

No comments:

Post a Comment