Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Youth in Action and Sankofa Youth go Canoeing at Humber River!

On June 3rd, a group of 16 youth along with Youth Workers Zarina and Rachel took part in an adventurous canoe paddling trip on Humber River. The staff at Project Canoe gave the youth some tips on how to paddle properly and we headed out down the river!


 Practicing our new skills!

 And, we're off! 



"This was my first time ever being in a canoe. I was a little nervous but the staff made me feel really comfortable. I'm really happy I gave it a try. I saw so many animals and birds close up. And staff took the time to explain to us everything we were seeing. I had a very nice time." Sakurako Ito, 21 years







We even got to see some river creatures! 
Painted Turtles and Cormorant birds. 
Thanks to the Toronto Adventures Inc. Team for telling us all about local wildlife!





Thanks to our Sankofa and YOUTHinACTION teams for coming out on such a great adventure.

We are all very grateful of MEC Outdoor Nation and Project Canoe for making this happen! 

For more info on our next adventure, contact: 


Rachel at rbennett@culturelink.ca or 416-588-6288 x 238


Zarina at zbutt@culturelink.ca or 416-588-6288 x 240



No comments:

Post a Comment